InfraGard Los Angeles and CT Watch, Inc. present Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition (SCADA) & Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Vulnerabilities Webinar.
***There are 4.5 ASIS credits available for this course
According to the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), there are 16 critical infrastructure sectors whose assets, systems, and networks, whether physical or virtual, are considered so vital to the United States that their incapacitation or destruction would have a debilitating effect on security, national economic security, national public health or safety, or any combination thereof. In this course we will examine the unique threats and vulnerabilities in these sectors, specifically taking an in-depth look at Insider Threat and all that it encompasses.
*We will have an opening brief from the FBI Headquarters Cyber Division on Cyber Threats and the Water Sector.
1. What are Industrial Control Systems (ICS); Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition Systems (SCADA); and Operational Technology (OT)
2. Definition of terms – why the terminology is important
3. Overview of OT systems and how they work in the various sectors
4. Overview of the differences between IT security and OT security
5. Why are these systems vulnerable
6. Discussion around various threat actors interested in OT systems and specific open source case studies of known incidents
7. State of remediation technology – how do we fix these problems
8. Case studies related to insider threats and impacts of organizational change and how they can affect personal predispositions to commit malicious acts.
Shawnee Delaney, CT Watch, Inc.
Delaney is a decorated Intelligence Officer & an Insider Threat SME. At the Department of Homeland Security, she coordinated & managed intelligence community relationships in the protection of U.S. critical infrastructure & ICS.
Marty Edwards, CT Watch, Inc.
Edwards was the longest-serving Director of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Industrial Control Systems Cyber Emergency Response Team (ICS-CERT) and is currently co-chair of the DHS Control Systems Working Group.
Who can attend:
Open to anyone. Particularly aimed toward InfraGard Members, Public Safety (Law/Health/Fire), Terrorism Liaison Officers (TLO’s), Infrastructure Liaison Officers (ILO’s), Private Sector Security, Area Stakeholders, all Critical Infrastructure Sectors, Intelligence Analysts, Intelligence Officers and Private Investigators.