Infragard LA and CTWatch present the following course eligible for 4 ASIS CPE credits:
Building on Levels 1 to 3, this course leverages some abstract techniques to collect OSINT. Ranging from observing the weather on a particular day to using code to read what is said, this aims to assist in cases where the language may not be in English or circumstances with large datasets. This is rounded out with an introduction to tracking malware using OSINT techniques.
1. Using Weather and other “non-traditional” data sources
2. Video extraction and pivoting with Optical Character Recognition
3. Introduction to cryptocurrency OSINT
4. Source evaluation and content assessment
5. Structured analytical techniques
6. Combining workﬂows and methodologies
User will be able to:
1. Use Weather and other non-traditional data sources
2. Use video extraction and OCR data
3. Understand basics of cryptocurrency
4. Understand evaluation and content assessment
Joe Gray, VP Intel, CT Watch
SME is an Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT) and investigations expert specializing in assessing public information for evaluating external risks, finding missing persons, threat modeling, and operations security.
Who Should Attend:
Open to anyone. Particularly aimed toward InfraGard Members, Public Safety (Law/Health/Fire), Terrorism Liaison Officers (TLO’s), Infrastructure Liaison Officers (ILO’s), Private Sector Security, Area Stakeholders, all Critical Infrastructure Sectors, Intelligence Analysts, Intelligence Officers and Private Investigators.