Former FBI Special Agent and Hostage Negotiator, Michelle Kelley will provide a keynote Podcast with interactive exercises. Ms. Kelley provides a compelling, interactive walk through of listening skills used in a hostage negotiation.
In this compelling talk you’ll discover the unique transferrable skills Michelle’s gained from coordinated communications with terrorists, international criminals and those in crisis. Skills she’s taught law enforcement, and latterly business, with immense success over the years.
Michelle will provide how to use the following skills:
1. How to listen at an elite level. Not active listening, but actual listening.
2. How to be trusted and liked. You don’t have to like them back.
3. How to gather intelligence without asking questions. So, they tell you all you need to know.
4. How to state what you think is really going on. Without causing offense.
5. Three things you can say that produce amazing results. Use sparingly, you’ll get more than you bargained for!
Michelle Kelley, US Lead: The Listening Institute
From spying to economic espionage, and from protecting State secrets to cracking pedophile rings, Michelle Kelley has come a long way from her former life teaching second-grade. What she’s learnt along the way, about how to listen, understand and influence, has powerful applications in law enforcement and the commercial world. You learn key hostage negotiation skills that benefit your profession.
Who Can Attend:
Open to anyone.
Managers, Leaders, Investigators, and Information Collectors