Recent changes in search engine algorithms have made many previous search techniques obsolete. With these advances in technology, new software and the internet in general, we are taking a new and up to date look at how to search, record and retrieve the information you are looking for and help you investigate faster and more expeditiously using the NEW tools and resources readily available to everyone, in every line of work and work environment. The recent advances in machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) will drastically change the way OSINT investigations are conducted. This class will take everyone back to basics utilizing newer techniques and tools.
• Before you search – Basic internet browsing safety
• Surfing in 2023 – New approaches and tools for getting the search results you want
• Red Apples vs. Green Apples – Different considerations for different browsers
• In the Weeds – Platform specific search techniques (LinkedIn vs. Twitter, etc.)
• For the Record – Recording and documentation of your techniques and methods
Subject Matter Expert (SME) is C-T Watch, Inc. OSINT investigator and has developed their online research skills from the early days of the internet and previous law enforcement career spanning 3 decades. Currently certified in OSINT and several advanced online investigation disciplines, SME serves as an internal Investigator for a global NGO operating in dozens of countries
Who Can Attend:
Open to anyone.
Target audience are Critical Infrastructure Protection and Key Resource (CIKR) Partners, InfraGard members, Telecommunication Operators, Crime Analysts, Criminal Intelligence Analysts and Fusion Center partners and law enforcement.