InfraGard Los Angeles and CTWatch, Inc. present Advanced IED Recognition Course. IED’s have evolved over the past 15 years from crude pipe bombs to increasingly sophisticated devices. Both private and public entities need to keep up with the evolution of IED’s, responses and protocols. The briefing objectives are:
1). Raise awareness to new tactics currently utilized by terrorists (foreign and domestic) and criminals in the use of various types of IED’s
2). How Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR) works,
3). Pre-Incident Indicators (PII’s) and identification of a potential device for private and public sector security personnel
*This course is eligible for 4 ASIS CPE credits
1. History of IED use against civilian targets (soft targets).
2. Recent case studies (from Aliso Viejo package bomb to the Houston TX serial bomber)
3. Types of IED’s from large vehicle IEDs, use of drones to deliver IED’s to personal implanted IED’s .
4. Recognition of various types of IEDs.
5. Response protocols (Do’s and Don’ts).
Kevin Miles, CT Watch, Inc.
Mr. Miles retired from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) after 23 years as a Special Agent Bomb Technician (SABT). For the past 3 years, he has been teaching pre-and post- blast investigation techniques as a government contractor.
Who can attend:
Open to anyone.