Why a Sector Program?
The InfraGard National Sector Security and Resiliency Program (NSSRP), formerly known as the Sector Program, is intended to strengthen national critical infrastructure security and resilience.
The NSSRP was conceived as the “Sector Program” within the Kentucky Chapter in 2003. The success of the program in Kentucky led to the expansion of the program throughout InfraGard chapters nationwide.
The NSSRP contributes to overall InfraGard mission through the creation and sustainment of a “network-of-networks” to foster collaboration and information sharing among and between owners, operators, and participants of critical infrastructure within individual sectors.
An effective NSSRP will achieve the following objectives:
- Recruitment of all CI owners and operators pertinent to the local IMA;
- Provision of education and training that meets the needs of CI owners and operators;
- Enablement of intra/inter-sector networking opportunities for CI owners and operators; and
- Timely, accurate, and actionable two-way information sharing.
Building the Sector Security and Resiliency Program
Click below to access the new SSRP Handbook. This handbook was written to help InfraGard Member Alliances build and sustain effective IMA SSRPs.
National Sector Chiefs
Our current National Sector Chiefs are:
- Tom Haynes, Communications
- Jim Lint, Defense Industrial Base
- Doug Leard, Emergency Services
- KC Carnes, Energy
- David Goldenberg, Food and Agriculture
- Denyette DePierro, Financial Services
- Mark Jarrett, Healthcare and Public Health
- Peter Higgins, Information Technology
- Bruce Churchill, Transportation
- Michael Cohen, Nuclear Reactors, Materials and Waste
ANNOUNCEMENT: 2020-2021 call for NSSRP NSC and SME applications is now open.
If you are interested in serving as a National Sector Chief (NSC) or a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for one of our current NSSRP programs, please review the call for application document at the link below to see the desired sectors, criteria for serving, and instructions for applying.
- Call for NSC and SME Application: InfraGard NSSRP Open Call for Sector NSC and SME Applications
Each of the above listed sectors include many sub-sectors and categories of facilities to be protected. For some of these, we will appoint a Program Manager to lead a more focused effort to protect that sub-sector. Below are listed the current programs; click on their title to visit that program page.