Why a Sector Program?
The InfraGard Sector Program was conceived within the Kentucky Chapter in 2003. The success of the program in Kentucky led to the expansion of the program throughout InfraGard chapters nationwide.
The program contributes to overall InfraGard mission through the creation and sustainment of a “network-of-networks” to foster collaboration and information sharing among and between owners, operators, and participants of critical infrastructure within individual sectors.
An effective Sector Program will achieve the following objectives:
- Recruitment of all CI owners and operators pertinent to the local IMA;
- Provision of education and training that meets the needs of CI owners and operators;
- Enablement of intra/inter-sector networking opportunities for CI owners and operators; and
- Timely, accurate, and actionable two-way information sharing.
Building a Sector Program
Click below to access the new InfraGard Sector Program Handbook. This handbook was written to help InfraGard Member Alliances build and sustain effective Sector Programs.
National Sector Chiefs
We have selected our first five National Sector Chiefs, they are:
- Tom Haynes, Communications
- KC Carnes, Energy
- DJ Phalen, Healthcare and Public Health
- Peter Higgins, Information Technology
- Bruce Churchill, Transportation
We are now looking to recruit SMEs for these first five sectors, and expand to the next five National Sector Chiefs; click below to download the 2018 NSC and SME Call for Applications document – applications are due by July 20, 2018.