The LA FBI Field Office and the LA DEA Field Office will discuss the history of the opioid epidemic and the “turn” in the epidemic, leading to an increasing number of overdose deaths. Additionally, we will discuss what to look for and what to do during an overdose, as well as hear an overview of a fatal overdose investigation.
• Pain medication statistics
• Explanation of opioids and fentanyl
• Vulnerable populations
• Pharmaceutical vs street drugs
• Overdoses and NARCAN
• Law enforcement’s response and case studies
• Federal Bureau of Investigation
• Drug Enforcement Administration
• Health Authority Law Enforcement Task Force (HALT)
• Los Angeles City Fire Department
Who Can Attend:
Open to anyone.
Anyone involved in infrastructure protection, healthcare, or first responders.